Serving McHenry County to create economic growth through effective marketing and promotion of the region as a preferred visitor destination and enhancing the visitor's experience.
Benefits of Membership:
- Enhanced listing on McHenry County visitor/map guide, the primary fulfillment piece for McHenry County tourism, and other bureau produced printed collateral as applicable Members receive expanded listing and web link on this website. The official web site of McHenry County tourism.
- Reduced advertising rates in MCCVB produced, or supported, marketing materials as appropriate.
- Co-op marketing opportunities and promotional partnerships involving a variety of media.
- Quarterly networking events at member properties. Hosting members are recognized and have the opportunity to showcase their property.
- Lead referrals as appropriate for individual businesses.
- Representation at tradeshows
- Distribution of company brochures and information at MCCVB office.
The McHenry County Convention & Visitors Bureau is the destination marketing organization promoting visitation and overnight stays to the McHenry County region. Efforts of the MCCVB include comprehensive tourism web site, advertising outside a 50 mile radius to reach the overnight traveler, direct mail , and sales aimed at the group tour, youth sports, and meetings/events markets.
The McHenry County Convention & Visitors Bureau is charged with the role of bringing all aspects of the tourism industry (lodging, attractions, restaurants, recreation and events) together to market as a viable tourist destination. Membership in the MCCVB allows us to achieve these goals and ultimately generate economic growth for our members and McHenry County.
The McHenry County Convention & Visitors Bureau is affiliated, or works in cooperation, with the Northern Illinois Tourism Development Office, Illinois Bureau of Tourism, Visit Illinois, and International Festival & Events Association.
For additional information or a membership application contact the MCCVB office at:
815-893-6280 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.